Thursday, August 11, 2005

Hazy Hawaii Happy Dance

I wanted to wait for a good day of natural sunlight to take the photo of my completed Lorna's Laces Hawaii Socks but sadly, we're a little hazy in the Klang Valley at the moment.

Hazy in the Kalng Valley


In fact it's gotten so bad, some parts of my state is under a state of emergency, with closures of schools and public places.

Here's a pic of the socks anyway.


Happy Hawaii Socks


It turned out too big for me but fits my sister perfectly so guess who gets to to cuddle up to these on those cold (but non-hazy) winter nights in NZ.


Happy Hawaii


Strangely enough, there was no sign of the dreaded Second Sock syndrome. I found my second sock went faster rather than slower, possibly because I no longer have to refer to the pattern all the time. yeh I know they don't match but hey I am not that fussed. Next up, toe up socks with Opal.

On the Lotus Blossom Shawl, I have it on good authority that when you have finished half the number of rows, you're only a quarter of the way through in terms of yarn.

So with some handy tips from the Summer of Lace group, I managed do up a shawl spreadsheet and figured out that at Row 121 of 166, I am only 50% complete. So no problems with yarn there.

I am targetting 1st September for the completion of either the Lotus Blossom or the Plaza, after which I just have to start the Silk corset pullover from Anne Modesitt.

No comments: