Friday, February 03, 2006

CIT, say goodye to Cotton Ease

Yep - it's just not working out -

Image hosting by Photobucket

The pic is quite a bad one taken in artificial light, and the cables are actually better looking than that.

But the gauge is soo off and it will be a huge cardigan. I need something between 19 - 22 st per inch in stockinette stitch. So my yarn quest will go on.

I had a very eventful Chinese New Year- my husband and I did 4 different states in 4 days, visiting his grandma, his parents, my friend back for the holidays from Hong Kong and then back home to my mum's.

After Chinese New Year, various orders of yarn started to arrive. This is the best part of online shopping. It's exciting to finally click the "BUY" button after weeks of surfing and waiting for the best deal on ebay. Then because it takes anywhere from 10 days to 1 month for stuff to arrive, I get all excited again when it hits the mailbox.

So what did I get in the mail

1. Another lot of All Season's Cotton in a dark lavender colour
2. Rowan Vintage Style
3. Vanessa helped me get some Knitpicks Dye your Own Merino for dying as well as some Kool Aid and 4 skeins of Knitpick Shadow in Vineyard for the Mary Jane cardigan
4. Lyn brought over the Debbie Bliss Cathay in Black which will one day be Knit n Tonic's Somewhat Cowl.

And with all that I still don't have the right yarn for project I have in mind. BUT it does bring me to one conclusion.

TIME FOR A DIET!!

No comments: