Thursday, February 23, 2006

Socks That Rocks and other stories

I didn't do any dyeing yesterday because I got sidetracked by the arrival of my order of the famed Socks that Rock from Blue Moon Fibers.

Image hosting by Photobucket


I ordered mine from The Fold and Toni provided excellent service.

The yarn is thicker than Lorna's Laces Shepherd Socks and closer to Shepherd Sport and much too thick for our weather.

Which brings me to this question - what else can you do with sock yarn other than socks?

I did finish of Samus and it is blocking right now. The front is curling terribly! I haven't decided whether to add the zipper or not. I think I will since I added in the waist shaping and that doesn't show very well if the front is open all the time.

So another FO and now I am wondering what to add to the rotation. Cables?? Lace?? or may be ** gasp ** Fair Isle?

No comments: