This has been tough! Really tough - just deciding what colours goes on the next round is freaking me out a little. I have two weights of yarn, sport and DK and I have to balance it out - one round sport one round dk - or else the sizes of the squares don't match. Then I have to think of variegated and solids and how those go together as well. Hair-raising!!
And then how to group the squares into a panel - by colour groups or by contrast. I did draft it out on paper on the sizes but I quite randomised what colours go into a square. As I laid it out I realise there are distinct colour groups. So I decided to lay the squares out by the colours of the last round.
Sorry for the quality of the pic but I took it in a hurry last night to remind myself of how the squares are laid out.
If you kind of squint you might get a sense of the overall project. My sister in law was watching me and she asked if I was going to frame the panels - which made me think about this for a while but I decided, the Babette needs larger canvas to show off its glory.
BUT it is an idea for another time.
PS I took pics of the finished circular cardi but they didn't come out to my satisfaction so it will have to wait for another bright day and a proper model.