Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Stash Update

I've been stashing quite a bit these past month. Although I have gotten rid of a lot of yarn, I seem to replenish at an exponential rate and really the cupboards are bursting in its seams.

I'm just going to show the prettiest yarn I have ever seen.

avrilstash2


This is Avril's cotton gima - known to those in US as Habu's cotton gima. Doesn't it look gorgeous?

avrilstash3

This is the mulberry colour.

avrilstash4

And this is the olive one.

I got it to make Gisela from Cocoknits. I've been thinking of garments made with thin yarn and big needles for a while now. If you see any patterns, let me know. I'm on the lookout.

I also received more yarn to feed the blanket.

blankiestash1

From Ravelry's August 5 gm sock yarn swap.

blankiestash2

Some real yummy colours there.

Now let's see if I can get another FO out by the end of the month.

4 comments:

Anya said...

I really like the colours of cotton yarn. I am new to knitting and I've seen that kind of cotton at some of the yarn stores but not sure what kind of project would be good for it. As a more experienced knitter what do you usually make out of this kind of cotton yarn?

Aw said...

the cotton gima is gorgeous....my next aim :-) both color is nice...is this two for the Gisela ?

ClarityDefinesYou said...

i would really love to learn how to do knitting :( looks so nice...i dont even know where to find supplies for knitting in KL. Any sudgestion?

Anonymous said...

you may find inspiration at Lanaknits Design...they use hemp, but alot of the patterns look like loose knit