Monday, August 21, 2006

Albany Bodice

As you might know the Stitch Diva Knitted Bodice calls for a mucho expensive 100% silk yarn from Tilli Tomas. As usual, there are plenty of discussion over the Net, particularly in the Knitty and in Craftster on various yarn substitutes.

Now to me the beauty of this pattern has to be in the yarn - the subtle colours and slight nubby texture helps to bring out what is essentially a simple but stylish cut. I did do my share of surfing around to find a reasonably priced sub until I looked into my wallet. Then I had a look at my yarn cabinet and found .....
Jaeger Albany.

It's a discontinued cotton tape yarn from Jaeger and it was the just right gauge.

And here what it looks knitted up -




Or if you want to look closer





It's NOT the most perfect of subs BUT it works for me.

No comments: