Friday, May 13, 2005

Candy Stripe

I had to make a long car journey last weekend to a remote town in the interior to attend my sister in law's the wedding banquet hosted by the groom's family. (In Malaysia, we sometimes have two banquets, one hosted by the bride's family and one hosted by the groom.)

I thought I'd take along a quick project for the journeys there and back. This is the first time I've attempted to knit in the car and I would have done ok if the road hadn't wound uphill for while and then down hill again before reaching our destination. Needless to say, the project did not get finished until last night.


Candy Stripe


As you can see I was trying to emulate the Handmaiden Shoulder wrap kit linked in my last post. I used an eyelash yarn (Kuka Fantasy) from Turkey together with 3 different colours of a local acrylic crochet yarn called Nona. It's knit lengthwise using a plain garter stitch with tapering ends. It's a fresh cutesy wrap for the girly girls.

For the next time - I'll use the same yarn for a small triangle scarf or another type of yarn for a similar pattern. Something like this yarn from Handpaintedyarn.com.

I caught Lyn doing some beadwork yesterday and join the bandwagon by making some simple stitch markers. For some reason I can't seem to get a good picture of them so I'll just leave a blurry one and post another one once they're on the needles in some project

Blur stitch markers

No comments: