Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Musings

I took a break from knitting and caught up with my reading these past few days. I finally manage to finish 2 books that I was reading at bedtime. I hate to have bedtime reading cos I always lose my place and most times, too tired to make sense of the page. It takes away the joy of the story but it's a habit I can't seem to break.

In those two days I actually missed my spinning. I've been googling hand spun novelty yarn and keep seeing all this cool textured lumpy bumpy yarn on Etsy . And I've been reading up on some cool techniques on plying to get little slubs or buttons. I've got to do some spinning tonight.

As for the KH kit, I'm not going to start it until December. Yes, it's an exercise in self contro. I want to finish my sister's Plaza Cardigan, Kerry Blue Baby Blanket and Madli's Roses first.

In the meantime, I'm searching around for what to do with my Handspun yarn. Any suggestions on what to do with 200 yds of super bulky yarn?

No comments: