Friday, February 04, 2005

Mail box heaven

Look what popped into my mail box on Wednesday!





Yeap it's the Koigu - soft luscious beautiful Koigu.
Except for one thing - that skein of dark green sticks out like a sore thumb.
Take a step back.


Nope still sticking out!


Anyone want to trade for this skein of Koigu Solid? There's a label with this number on it - 1510/9 and it is dark forest green. I'm happy to trade for another skein of Koigu PPM in a lighter green colourway or make me an offer.


Now that I have got my Koigu - I can lay this obsession to rest now - very happy not to make anymore Koigu purchases for at least... oh 2 months.


Meanwhile I also receive a pack of 10 Filatura di Crosa Kid Mohair from Emy in Singapore for a steal! I absolutely love the mohair and it is a fraction of the price of Rowan's Kid Silk Haze. Didn't have the time to take a pic this morning but I have to break it out this weekend and bring it to our meetup for a fondling session.
Planning to do Polly's Kiri shawl with this lot plus other projects from the Lavish Lace books.


As for the Colinette obsession, it still continues although under control. I keep picking out balls of yarn from my stash of odd balls of eyelash/fugly scarf yarn and placing it side by side to see if I could make a nice striping progression. I will keep working on it and see if I can't come up with a pseudo Ab fab throw/ stole by the end of the weekend.


I realise that it's the Ab Fab pattern that I am mad about - although that may change once I receive my first lot of Colinette yarn.



Feeling a little rich today as my Quilt book Dear Jane that I put up on eBay is garnering a lot of interest and is almost at its retail value with another 3 days of bidding left to go.


Now this book isn't out of print - and yes it is signed by the author but it is addressed to me. So I didn't expect it to go for more than half the retail value. Half of me feels like emailing the current higest bidder and saying "Are you sure you want to pay so much for this book?" But then I see bids for Alice Starmore books or for the Proper Stitch going above $100, I think I should just be quiet and get the most out of what I can.


Then the other half of me ( the pack rat half) is thinking, "Why am I selling my precious book?". Why indeed! So I may one day save enough to buy a spinning wheel, that's why!


I have Jane Ellison's Simply Noro up for bid as well as packs of 50 2.5 inch Cotton squares. Do check it out if you are interested.



No comments: