Wednesday, February 02, 2005

SP4 Questionaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Not really fussed - yarn selection here is so dismal that I am sure anything from US/UK/Canada is wonderful.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I want to start spinning but haven't really ordered the basic items yet. I know how to crochet but it isn't my favourite pastime.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Not that I know of.

4. How long have you been knitting?
ohh maybe 20 years or so but I took a break for about 12 years and started again last August.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Lavender and violets

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
prefer savoury

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Rubber stamping, cross stitch , hardanger, tatting ( also learning)

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like quite a variety ranging from Swing, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, ro marron 5, Linkin Park ( no kidding) and the soundtrack to all the Lord of the Rings movies.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
I am partial to the purple, lavender and pink, but am trying to get more into blus and greens.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married, one 2 year old son and no pets

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
Ohhh - I love handpainted yarn - because I live in a tropical country, the yarns are use and mostly lightweight - cotton or cotton blends. Although I lust for wool , i know it isn't practical.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Not found one yet.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Ab Fab Colinette Throw, Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk designs.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Lacy Scarves and Cardigans.

17. What are you knitting right now?
err - Noro Butterfly, Japanese Cotton Lacy Top , Lacy Tunic from Rebecca

18. What do you think about ponchos?
don't think I'll ever wear them

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I can do both

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
no bamboos - for some reason I can handle the squeeking as they rub together

21. Are you a sock knitter? haven't tried although it is in my plans one day.

22. How did you learn to knit?
A teacher in boarding school taught me how to contruct a sweater - before that I just knew the basic rib- purl straight rectangular type of knitting.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
oh 3 months or so

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
Boo - from Monsters Inc and I like cats

25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas

26. Is there anything that you collect?
Koigu. Colinette.

No comments: