Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Stash and Spinning

I've been going nuts with the sock stash lately - have a look at the two Opals I just ordered from Astrid's Dutch Obsession - The purply one is a prototype and the other one is an Opal Rodeo 1153. Astrid has great prices and wonderful service so take a look if you're interested in getting some Opals.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Forgive the me-trying-to-be-artisitic photo


And finally some spinning stash! Nice hand dyed corridale and romney blend from Kendig Cottage.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
500 gms each of springy roving


Celia's been asking about my spinning. Well I finally managed to ply the Jacobs and the cream Corridale last week, gave it a nice warm bath and hung it to dry in the bathroom -

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm glad to say that there was hardly any twist so it's fairly balanced.

Take a closer look at the good bits
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
and then the bad bits where the yarn is terribly overtwisted
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now comes the perennial new spinner's question - what shall I do with this yarn? I want to commemorate its creation in a special way. Perhaps a wall hanging?

*BTW Lyn told me that there's something wrong with my comment section. And here I thought I must have offended everybody cos I wasn't getting any comments. You can still comment by sending me an email. I'll put it up on the blog.

No comments: