Monday, November 07, 2005

What a week!!

I had so many things planned for the last week. Because of the Muslim holiday of Aidil Fitri (or Eidh) and the Hindu festival of lights Deepavali, I basically had the Tuesday, Thursday and Friday off. Oh the joys of living in a multi cultural and multi religious country.

BUT (and there's always a "but", isn't there)My in laws - who were visiting the weekend before, both went down with food poisoning on Tuesday and was virtual immobile for at least 5 days. They've only just started walking around the house yesterday. Needless to say DH and I were doing most of the nursing. Plus my little boy has just learnt the art of throwing a tantrum.

He screamed when he didn't want to get in his carseat and then he screamed when he didn't want to get out. while taking a bath, he screamed because I turned on the tap and then he screamed when I turned it off. The next day he screamed because he wanted to have a bath in the upstairs bathroom, and another day, he wanted a bath in the downstairs bathroom. He screamed when I took off his clothes and then he screamed when I put them on. Once he screamed into my ear and they ran for hours.

I swear I don't know how I'll get through this tantrum stage.

So no knitting, no spinning no nothing whatsoever was done in the last week, I just had enough brain power to stare uncomprehendingly at the idiot box before collapsing on the bed at night.

And I really had such big plans for finishing Plaza, finishing Madli and starting Glimmer.

No comments: