Wednesday, December 20, 2006

From Batt to Bobbin

I was just finishing up this spin project last night when I remembered I had not taken a pic of the batt itself so here it is :-





From Batt to Bobbin to Yarn. The batt is from Crosspatch Creations that I found on ebay many moons ago. Have a look at more Crosspatch Creations batts at The Bellweather and drool over the lucious colours.

Crosspatch Creation batts are a mixture of many fibers ,wool as well as some silk noil and it produce a nubby type yarn with lots of interesting textures.

Click for a larger image
I used a flash in this pic to show the reflection of little silky bits.

I split each batt lengthwise into four and just pre drafted a little before spinning. The result is a two plied aran weight yarn - I haven't measure the wpi yet.

I'm thinking making this into a nice bag maybe the RYC Belt bag with some co-ordinating yarn.


And now for a quick look at the dye-pot.





More updates on that later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Wow. Wow.

The silk looks almost edible. And the dyed roving? I LOVE it. Can't wait to see what it turns into....

Mimi said...

Spinning looks so fun and the wool colors just make me think about yummy candies!
Happy New Year!

Peggy said...

The fibers are gorgeous. Good luck with the 2007 Stashbusting exercise! I really need it.