Monday, January 03, 2005

A New Year and lucky to be alive.

Because of Tsunami that hit on the 26th of December in my country Malaysia and our neighbouring countries of Indonesia, Thailand, India, Sri Lanka and other parts of the Indian Ocean, Christmas and my last post seem so long ago.

I have done absolutely no Knitting at all in the last 10 days- partly because I was busy setting the new house in order (we're still living out of boxes, but we have TV!)and partly because we've been glued to the aforesaid TV watching the news. It's becoming very obsessive, and I am now making an effort to change the channel once in a while. Life has to get back its normal routine.

So today was the first day back at work and after catching up with the million emails and group postings, I think I am finally ready to pick up the needles again. First I have to hook up the DVD and watch the Star Wars trilogy pack that I got for my birthday.

Hope to have more updates and pictures on knitting soon. Meanwhile here's another 10 things you might or might not want to know about me.


21. I really like Kentucky Fried Chicken - it's my comfort food.
22. I've never tasted the real Southern Fried Chicken from the US. If it is anything half as good as KFC, I might want to move to the US.
23. I am very bad with money and can be a dangerous shopaholic.
24. When I start a new hobby I often amass a fortune of useless stash before I start to be more discerning with the tools I buy.
25. I am actually quite shy in nature and find it difficult talking to strangers. I use to find it hard even to ask for the time.
26. After graduating from Uni, I wanted to volunteer for a year but my parents were not too keen on the idea.
27. I also wanted to backpack through Europe but they weren't too keen on that either.
28. When I was 21 I told myself I must visit Paris before I am 35. And I did! 3 weeks before my 35th birthday.
29. I love Paris!
30. I love London as well, but I love the southwest part of England even better.

Until next time.

No comments: