Friday, September 16, 2005

Secret Pal Six

Ooohooh I have a secret pal :). Heeeelllooooo Secret Pal.

So before I go off this weekend, here's my updated Q&A.

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- a nd/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

Not really fussed - yarn selection here is so dismal that I am sure anything from US/UK/Canada is wonderful.


2. Do you spin? Crochet?

As you can see from the previous posts, I am kind of obsessed with spinning lately. I crochet but not lately though I do some Granny Squares once in a while.


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

Not that I know of.



4. How long have you been knitting?

ohh maybe 20 years or so but I took a break for about 12 years and started again last August.


5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

My Amazon wishlist


6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

Lavender and violets


7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

prefer savoury


8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

Rubber stamping, cross stitch , hardanger, tatting ( also learning)


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I like quite a variety ranging from Swing, Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Maroon 5, Linkin Park ( no kidding) and the soundtrack to all the Lord of the Rings movies.


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?

I like anything except the blues and green. Have too much of them already.


11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

Married, one 2 and half year old son and no pets


12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

More time to knit. I know I can never have my own craft store but would like to do some teaching.


13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Ohhh - I love handpainted yarn - because I live in a tropical country, the yarns I use and mostly lightweight - cotton or cotton blends. I'd like to get my hands on some Rowan Calmer.


14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I had some mohair in my stash but have decided that it is too too hot . Although this doesn't include any of the laceweight mohair like Kid Silk Haze or Kid Seta.


15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

Gathering of Lace shawls, designing my own pattern


16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Lace and more lace


17. What are you knitting right now?

err - Plain Opal Socks, Bad Penny Cardigan, Kerry Blue Shawl


18. What do you think about ponchos?

don't think I'll ever wear them


19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I can do both


20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

no bamboos - for some reason I can handle the squeeking as they rub together


21. Are you a sock knitter?

I'm a beginner. I have done one and a half pairs of socks.


22. How did you learn to knit?

A teacher in boarding school taught me how to contruct a sweater - before that I just knew the basic rib- purl straight rectangular type of knitting.


23. How old is your oldest UFO?

Must I tell?? maybe about 1 year or so?


24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

Boo - from Monsters Inc and I like cats


25. What is your favorite holiday?

Christmas


26. Is there anything that you collect?

Koigu. Any type of Lace weight yarn


27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

None, but I occasionally get Interweave and Vogue knitting - especially the spring and summer issues.


28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Books on spinning techniques, knitting on the edge and beyong the edge, Barbara walkers books, german lace magazines


29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??

Tina shawl from Fiddlesticks - juts haven't finished with my current bunch of fiddlesticks patterns so I haven't got around with another order.


30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?

European 37 US 5 UK 4.5 - any type of socks.

No comments: