Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Lace capers

I was going to try to finish Bianca's Jacket in one week because I was going up to Cameron Highlands again to stay in this lovely little bungalow. Look at that welcoming door..





Unfortunately I managed to finish one sleeve before I got distracted with my Lacevember project.






There's so many thing to say about this project. I used the laceweight handspun from Handpaintedyarn.com in the color Red Pagoda. Ok this is not merino laceweight so it isn't as soft or buttery but it has an excellent spongy texture in the garter stitch section that surprised me. Still this hank seemed to be more on the wiry side. The other hank of laceweight I am using for Madlis' Shawl is softer.

The pattern is really easy to follow. It's ingeniously shaped as a horeshoe by some simple short rows, then an edging is attached.




I am about half way through the edging and already I am thinking I'd definitely do this again with a different edging.

As for where I am with Bianca's Jacket?? Still on the second sleeve...


No comments: