Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Lacevember Questions

The knitting questions, or the usual suspects

How long have you been knitting? Ohh maybe 16- 18 years but I took a long break and started again about 2 years ago

How did you learn to knit? At school

Favorite thing about knitting? I love how fast a project can grow with just 2 hours of knitting.

How long have you been knitting lace? About as long as I have been knitting

Favorite thing about knitting lace. The delicate lace always turns heads and well, it's never boring.


The yarn questions, or flash your stash

Favorite lace yarn? Hmm I would have to say Jaggerspun Zephyr or any merino lace type yarn

variegated or solids for shawls? Can do both-

Favorite lace color? I am trying to steer away from blues and greens and I am doing red at the moment.


Technique, or show us your skillz

Circs or straights? Circs

Favorite lace knitting trick? For the longest time I never brought the yarn to the front of the needle for a yarnover.

Lifelines? If so with what? Sometimes but not often – I use quilting thread – stash leftover from my quilting days.

Fancy blocking wires, or just sewing pins stuck in your carpet? Sewing pins stuck on a mattress we have lying around for extra guests


Pattern, or can you follow directions

shawls or lacey items? Shawls and tops but I want to branch out to doilies and tablecloths

triangle, rectangle, or circular shawls? All except the circular shawls – don't like the circular cast on. I can do it, but not very well and I tend to skip over patterns that have it.

Charts or printed instructions? Charts, Charts, Charts

Favorite lace you've knit? Just finished the Mountain Peaks Shawl and that's my favourite for now.

Favorite lace you want to knit? Hm Rose of England one day? Or Frostflowers and Leaves.


Just Fun, yup that right, just for fun

Favorite jelly belly flavor? Err what's that?? I'll eat if it's purple.

Tell me everything you know about Eric the Red..... You mean Eric the Viking right? Well he's the viking who doesn’t like to rape and pillage played by … Susan Sarandon's partner ( Tim something)

Coke, classic or with lime? Coke classic

Holiday carols, sing along, or wish they would be banned from all public airwaves? Love the holidays carols and can't get enough of them on Malaysian airwaves.

What is the definition of irony? "10000 spoons when all you need is a knife, meeting the man of your dreams and then meeting his beautiful wife"

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop? Ok sorry tootsie umm

Why is my cat always puking in front of my son's bedroom door? No cat

What is your superhero power? 8 arms and all of them doing different crafts.

If the laundry is 9 foot by 11 foot (just dreaming, that' a big laundry room), and the walls are 8 feet tall, and you are going to tile the entire room in tiles that are 3 inches by 5 inches, what color should those tiles be? Blue… it's aways blue

What's for dinner tonight? Going home to mom's cooking

What is clogging my children's bathtub drain? My hair

No comments: