Friday, November 19, 2004

Cables and Moss

At our local Stitch and Bitch last night, Consomme and I both casted new projects. I'll let Consomme tell you about her project. All I'll say is that she's using that yummy Phildar Aviso yarn.

I wanted to do something a little more organic than the Irish Hiking scarf, something where the cables twine and intertwined in more than just rings. So Consomme and I poured over her "New Knitting Stitch Library" by Lesley Stanfield and settled on this pattern:-



The sad thing is that the photo does not justice to the cable pattern AND this lovely mossy type yarn of moss green with brown flecks.

All in all I am pretty happy with the result and the yarn is knitting up fast. It's surprisingly soft, some would say it's a little too soft for real aran knits. I wouldn't knit a whole Aran sweater from the yarn, as it is probably not warm enough for really cold winters. But my sister and her family live in Auckland, where the winters are generally pretty mild so this little scarfie should do the trick.

Hope he likes it. I certainly do, and I think that this one is going to be hard to part with.




No comments: