Thursday, March 31, 2005

Spring is Here!

I just finished a very simple Spring scarf for a very secret recipient. I won't disclose who she is until she receives it but let's just say she has been a warm and generous knitting friend.

I call it the Spring Scarf because the Noro Silk Garden has every colour of spring imaginable in it - pink and blue and green and rose and lavenders and marigold.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


It's a simple lace pattern I picked up from my chinese "600 knitting patterns" book and I am sure it has an english name.

The instructions are as follows:-

Cast on 17 stitches. The 1st 3 and the last 3 stitches are the border and can be done in seed or garter stitch.

Work 3 rows in seed or garter stitch

Row 1: work 3 stitches in seed or garter stitch, [ knit 2tog twice, yo,k,yo,k,yo,k,yo, ssk twice ] work last 3 stitches in seed or garter
Row 2: work the border for 3 stitches, purl until last 3 stitches, work border.

Keep going until you want to stop and knit the last 3 rows in seed or garter stitch
Cast Off.

I used 5mm needles with Noro Silk Garden -which is a worsted weight.


Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. I was thinking of knitting something like this. What color of Noro did you use?