Monday, July 04, 2005

Cool pix

I've been late in updating the weekly round up cos I've been playing with my brand new camera.


Lyn and I met up on Thursday to have lunch and then to do some winding. But first I walked into a photo shop and looked at what cameras they had on offer. DH and I had always wanted to get our own camera instead of relying on my office's very old Nikon and my sister in law's very new Canon Ixus 7.0. We wanted to get something in between.


So with the expert advice of the sales man and some help from Lyn, I settled on a Nikon Cool Pix 4600.

I've been playing around with it all weekend and all I can say is I have the shaky hands syndrome. I haven't been able to catch a decent photo of my son but I did get a pic of what I've been doing in the last week.


Granny squares


Yep! refreshed a little of my crochet skills and even got Lyn to try out her crochet skill on a simple square. In fact I am inspired to slowly but surely crochet a blanket or throw a'la Jackie . Of course, she knitted all her squares, but I really like the idea of a hodge podge blanket of colourful squares.

So for the Monday round up - well nothing has changed from last week's list except - add some granny squares and *ahem* a crochet top and a decision to frog the Green lacy top for a crocheted project someday.

More on the crochet top tomorrow.

So the weekly round up is as follows:-
Lacy Tunic from Rebecca 28
Jaeger Trinity Violet :- one back done

Green Lacy top from Japanese Magazine
Marks and Kattens Bianca :- one back done - to be frogged

Bracken Tweed Cardigan for my sis - one sleeve done

Fiddlesticks Lacy Lattice Stole
Filatura Di Crosa Kid Mohair - 30% done

Pseudo Gansey from Japanese Magazine
Filatura di Crosa Zara :- one front and one sleeve done

Pink Grapes from Japanese Magazine
Yarnart Summer Cotton :- Two sleeves done

Plaza from Rowan Classic Cafe
Cleakheaton Country 8 ply - one back done

Fiddlestick Lotus Blossom Shawl
Cherry Tree Hill Merino Laceweight Dusk- less than 10%

Crochet Flower Vest
Online Linea Sandy - 20%

No comments: