Thursday, October 07, 2004

Top Ten Reasons to Buy Yarn

Just saw this on Knitting Review forums

The Wool Bin's Top Ten Reasons to Buy Yarn

- 10 -
It's not illegal, immoral or fattening. It calms the nerves and gratifies the soul.

- 9 -
I must buy it before my husband retires and goes with me on shopping trips.

- 8 -
When the big earthquake comes, all the yarn stores will be swallowed into the ground and never seen again.

- 7 -
I need the weight in the trunk of my car for traction on slippery roads.

- 6 -
It keeps without refrigeration. You never have to cook it, feed, change, walk it or wipe its nose.

- 5 -
I'm participating in a contest — she who dies with the most yarn wins.

- 4 -
It's on sale.

- 3 -
It’s less expensive and more fun than psychotherapy.

- 2 -
It helps keep the economy going.

- 1 -
It insulates the closet where it's kept.


--------------------

I have two more to add

11. It was cheaper than the original yarn required by the pattern

and then

12. The yarn I thought would be a perfect substitution was not so perfect after all.


--------
Yes yes yes I have been a naughty girl. I broke down and ordered a pack of Rowan's All Seasons Cotton in the colour Sahara (a nice greeny khaki or khaki green) from CucumberPatch UK's eBay shop.
She has some really good Rowan steals.
So I am all set for Ribbed Cardigan from Rebecca Magazine.

No comments: